Sunday, December 5, 2010

Final Paper

While starting my final paper, I have come across a few challenges. One of the biggest challenges I have encountered so far is the part of finding reliable sources to use within my paper. When searching for sources I found many opinions rather than proven information. So, you have to be careful because no one cares about someone's opinion unless they back it up with facts. Another problem i have had is that I have to decide which topics I would like to use and which I would not. I think my paper would be more effective if I go into depth with information on less topics rather than just brush over many topics. Overall, this paper isn't too challenging it just takes time to find credible sources, which is a lot different than our previous papers where it didn't involve research. At the point that I'm at now, I feel that I have found enough information to complete my paper. All I have to do now is figure out how to structure my essay.

1 comment:

  1. We'll discuss exactly what consitutes a "reliable" source on Wednesday.

    You're right that the most important aspect of your argument is how you support it, but opinions don't necessarily need undisputed "facts" behind them to be powerful. Your argument should be supported by sub-arguments that MAKE SENSE to a reader. When we argued about cats vs. dogs, we didn't just cite facts. But some of us still have very good reasons for our preferences.

    You write:

    >> I think my paper would be more effective if I go into depth with information on less topics rather than just brush over many topics.<<

    Yes - this is usually a better option. Most teachers - myself included - prefer development of ideas to a bullet list.

    ReplyDelete