Monday, December 13, 2010

EXTRA CREDIT - JK

This class really surprised me. It being just a writing class, it could have went into so many directions. I really enjoyed a lot of the topics discussed. I also enjoyed a lot of the readings we had to do. I think this class was extremely modern and up to speed with what's relevant today. I thought this class was going to be like a typical English class, but we got to write about ourselves a lot more and that, to me, makes it so much easier to write in the style I'm best at. I used to love writing, but somewhere in High School I started dreading writing assignments and they made me feel like I was an awful writer. This class made me like writing again. I actually remember what it's like not to dread doing a five page paper. I also liked doing the blogs. I liked how we really could just go off on tangents on the blog. After reading something that you like it's easy to just talk about, and the blog allowed us to do that. I also liked all the clips that were played in class. All really went along with what was being discussed and I think they helped me better understand, not to mention funny. I really hate peer editing. I don't really find it helpful only because they just show you the spelling and grammar errors. I just really hate it. I really loved that we could turn in a our papers and then re-turn it in after you checked it. Since your opinion is the only one that really matters, it's nice that you offer that. Overall, I really enjoyed your class ! Good luck next semester.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you, too, Julie!

    Re: peer editing

    As we discussed in class, peer reviewers are not supposed to focus exclusively on grammar/mechanics.

    Also, you are most certainly not an awful writer.

    ReplyDelete