Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Summary

This semester of college writing was a good experience for me. I feel that I really explored what I can do as a writer. I have never written so many different essays or entries in such a short amount of time. I liked the setup of the class; the never ending cycle of writing. In my high school English classes, the focus was not only on writing, but also in literature and grammar as well. Because there were so little writing assignments, when we had one, the topic was pretty narrow and the amount of room we had for originality was condensed. The open ended writing topics in this class allowed me to explore myself and think deeper than what was necessary for prior essays. The challenges I had to face and surmount made me realize a lot about my writing style. I had never viewed myself as a writer until we discussed the purposes and uses of writing. Writing itself is open for anyone and everyone and I now see how much I can do with what I have to say. This class allowed me to explore that.

Also, I liked the learning environment. I am good with computers so the role that technology played in the classroom was beneficial. The fact that everything was available on vista helped. It is difficult for me to keep track of things, especially the numerous papers that I receive daily from every class. Having everything available on vista helped me keep up in the class; it was extremely convenient.

1 comment:

  1. This is a writing-intensive course, Kaitie, so writing is always the focal point. Reflecting back on the class, some people are amazed at the sheer amount of writing they produce in a single semester.

    I have a love/hate relationship w/ Vista - as you know...

    ReplyDelete