Friday, December 3, 2010

complications with paper

I would say that right now my biggest difficulty with this paper is getting the motivation to get into it. It's not a subject that's particularly interesting to me it's kind of a tiring topic. I'm also just very bad at procrastination as it is so although I have done a little bit of work on it, I always have difficulty working on a paper when it's not the last minute when I know it must be done. Since this is a paper that requires much research and planning, it would be very difficult and un-wise to choose to wait last minute. Also, doing all the research is seeming a bit overwhelming it's hard to pick the perfect credible sources and citing is not fun for me. I would say my main struggle is just the type of paper and keeping an interest while writing it so I can maintain a solid argument and not be too focused on just getting it over with.

1 comment:

  1. We'll talk more about sources in class, Brooke.

    Procrastination affects the best of us, but sometimes the only way to dispel those feelings of dread that accompany unplesant tasks is to get started. Easier said than done, I know...I won't pretend that writing is always enjoyable, but you write well, and forcing yourself to get the ball rolling may alleviate that "overwhelming" feeling. It might feel a lot better to sit down Thursday to "revise," rather than sitting down to "write a paper."

    ReplyDelete