Friday, December 3, 2010

road block in final paper

This essay I would have to say has been the hardest essay to write and come up with ideas for. When I picked this essay topic I was going to write about I was very excited because it was an interesting topic that I kind of always wondered about. My topic was about " will electric media replace the written word as the go to sources of information and entertainment". I would have to say yes and no. I really don't have too much trouble with this paper in the beinning it is mostley for our next part that is due on friday. I really just don't understand what all of what I want to say for this essay and how I am going to word it really. I know that is supposed to be an argument and I have a good argument about it, but I just don't know how I can take the argument statement and turn it into something grand and well written persay. I am a person who loves to argue and loves to express her own oppinion, but when it comes to writting essays about my oppinion it kind of tends to drift off of the argument and doesn't sound as forceful as I would like it to be portrayed. I had done a paper like this in high school with an argumentive statement and had thought it was great then turned it in and got a really low score because she said my thoughts were not clear enough to see what I was arguing and that I think is where I need the most help and need to stress more.

1 comment:

  1. >>I just don't know how I can take the argument statement and turn it into something grand and well written persay.<<

    Try to start small - if you know what your position is, you're already halfway there. You're trying to convince the reader that your point of view makes sense. How can you do this? What supporting ideas or examples will enhance this argument? Are they related to your thesis/main point?

    Keep asking these questions as you write. It sounds like you have a lot of ideas, and you don't want to lose focus. Always keep your larger, overarching point in mind.

    ReplyDelete