Friday, December 3, 2010

In Class Blog (Kevin Farr)

For our final paper I came across two main roadblocks, procrastination and coming up with a good thesis statement. When working on our first part of the paper, the one page summary, I had so many thoughts in my head of which was i wanted to take the paper and what essay topic out of the three I wanted to choose. As i started to write i couldn't come up with a clear thesis, I have many thoughts of which way to take my paper but after i sit down this weekend and work on it a little i should have a better idea of how i want my paper to go. This leads into my second problem, procrastination. I haven't really worked too much of the paper so far and this weekend i am really not looking forward to getting a head start on it. With two weeks left in the semester all i can think about is getting home to some of my mom cooking and not having to shower with sandals on anymore. I hope that my preparation for my other finals, which i am starting this weekend, will also include me writing some of this final paper. It all depends on how i feel this weekend, which i hope is ready to work, but most likely ill be sleepy all weekend and have to push through it to get my work done.

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination is a curious thing, Kevin, but it affects all of us. Psychologists have written entire books on it! Try to write something tangible - as long as you aren't engaged with the paper yet, it will be easier to put off.

    I will say that having too many thoughts is preferable to not having enough. Try and focus on what YOUR particular argument will be. The difficulty of these topics is that they can be related to anything and everything - you need to stay focused. Ask yourself: What is my main point? Why? Re-reading the assignment sheet may help you to narrow your scope. Also, take a look at the Brainstorming Power Point on Vista if you want ideas to get you thinking.

    ReplyDelete